Fwd: BeatBox in ubuntu

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 4 07:59:16 UTC 2012

Hello ubuntu-desktop,

Scott sent this to me privately, but as I am not working in the
desktop team any more, I forward this to the team.

Martin
----- Forwarded message from Scott Ringwelski <sgringwe at mtu.edu> -----

Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 21:16:55 -0000
From: Scott Ringwelski <sgringwe at mtu.edu>
To: Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com>
Subject: BeatBox in ubuntu

Hello,

I am contacting you because you are listed under the Ubuntu Technical
Board team in launchpad. Hopefully you are the right person, and if not
it would be appreciated if you could lead me in the right direction.

My name is Scott Ringwelski and I am the developer for BeatBox music
player. Although it used to be the default player for the elementary
project, that is not the case anymore. Since it is not the default
player for elementary anymore, I have been pondering over the
possibility of being the default for Ubuntu.

Obviously this would require a great deal of changes to the UI and
overall architecture. It is still missing quite a lot of necessary
features. Nonetheless, I figured I would message someone and at least
let it be known that I would be interested on this side, and to see if
you would on the OS side.

Please let me know what you think. If there is no interest, that is
fine. But if there is then we could hopefully discuss further and start
targeting the app for Ubuntu.

Thank you,
Scott
--