CFT: ClickPad support

Kristian Kißling kkissling at linuxnewmedia.de
Thu Feb 16 14:23:16 UTC 2012

Chase Douglas schrieb folgendes am 16.02.2012 08:55:
> On 02/13/2012 03:12 PM, Chase Douglas wrote:
>>>>
>>> Hey Chase,
>>>
>>> thanks a lot, thats a good thing! This morning I thought it should be
>>> easier to work with Ubuntu when you forget your external mouse :)
>>>
>>> Your scripts work, but there are some glitches. Context menus only show
>>> up if I touch specific points in the upper area of the "right button
>>> area". If I use the lower area, nothing happens, but I guess you know
>>> that already. If you need more feedback and data, drop me a line.
>>
>> How big (in height % of overall touchpad) is the lower area where right
>> click doesn't work? Some of these trackpads produce locations outside of
>> the reported max and min values. I wonder if where you are clicking is
>> above the maximum in the Y direction (Y coordinates are from top to bottom).
>
> I posted a new version of the enable-rightbutton.sh script to
> people.canonical.com yesterday. It sets the bottom edge of the right
> button area twice as far as the maximum value. This should catch all
> touches, even those beyond the reported range of the device.

Great, now it works everywhere in the right field! Btw: If I tap on the
right field, nothing happens - I have to click. But I assume thats the
expected behaviour.

br
Kristian

--

Kristian Kißling, Editor in chief, Ubuntu User (www.ubuntu-user.de)
Linux New Media AG, Putzbrunner Straße 71, 81739 München, Germany
kkissling at linuxnewmedia.de - kkissling at ubuntu-user.de
Follow us on:
* http://www.facebook.com/ubuntuuser
* https://plus.google.com/b/104445680837136693941/
* https://joindiaspora.com/u/ubuntu_user_germany
* http://twitter.com/Ubuntu_User_De

Linux New Media - The Pulse of Open Source
Malaga - Manchester - München - Sao Paulo - Warszawa
http://www.linuxnewmedia.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Putzbrunner Straße 71, 81739 München
Fon: ++49 (89) 993 41 100
Amtsgericht München: HRB 129161
Vorstand: Brian Osborn, Hermann Plank
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Rudolf Strobl