Unity Greeter's Keyboard Indicator

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 12 11:06:55 UTC 2012

Le 11/02/2012 16:38, Michael Terry a écrit :

> Things to look for:
> A) Is the system default layout respected?
> B) If your user has a configured layout, is your preferred layout used
> by default instead of the system one?
> C) If your user has multiple configured layouts, do they appear in the
> indicator as alternate options?

Hey Michael, great work, I tried on my system which has this config:
- french as a system default
- my normal user, I configured french (default), german and english keymaps
- a test user with english keymap being default and french second

Installing your updates, restarting (to get the new lightdm running):

- my user correctly has french selected and the 3 layouts
- the second user has english correctly selected and the 2 layouts listed
- guest session correctly lists french (so system default is right)

So great work!

One issue I noticed is that the g-s-d keyboard indicator stopped working
(i.e is not displayed) in the sessions, I'm not sure if that's due to
your update or was already there before though since I had only 1 layout
configured before playing with the new unity-greeter and the indicator
only shows when you have several layouts.

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher