[Unity-design] Fwd: What do we do with the file manager?

Georgi Karavasilev motorslav at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 12:50:50 UTC 2012

The three things that Marlin misses are:
A) Stability
B) Split screen (multiple panes) ... maybe?
C) Ability to "draw the desktop' (e.g. desktop icons, right click on
desktop -> context menu)
I believe (could be wrong) that those can be solved for 12.10 if the work
starts soon enough.

And yeah, Xavier, nautilus 3.6 has too much to be fixed, *waaaaaayy
toooooooo muuuuuuuuuch.*
*
*
All hands considered I believe that 12.10 should either user some pretty
(no horrid chopped down right sided toolbar and no "back" and "forward" on
the left) or a fixed version of Marlin.