[Desktop 12.10 Topic] The future of third-party driver installation

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 23 06:55:02 UTC 2012

Jo-Erlend Schinstad [2012-04-20  1:56 +0200]:
> If this was going to be redesigned, I would rather see it as a "Hardware
> manager".

That's exactly what I want to avoid. If anything, the UI should become
easier, not more complex. Large trees with lots of technobabble and
incomprehensible hardware parts names, properties, and drivers is
just about the last thing we need to improve usability IMHO. :-)

Martin