[Desktop 12.10 Topic] Quality,testability for the desktop components

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 18 08:39:59 UTC 2012

Hey,

The Canonical upstream teams did some good progresses on testing and
quality this cycle, that's a good step for the Ubuntu Desktop quality,
we still rely on quite some components from other upstreams though that
didn't engage into a such process yet though (those who looked at
gnome-settings-daemon, nautilus, gvfs, etc bugs on launchpad probably
know what I mean there). I would like to see if we can work on our side
and with upstream to get those automated tested in some ways.

It would be also nice to see regular run and report of the testsuits for
other components which already have one (i.e glib, gtk) and some testing
of their rdepends before upload.

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher