lots of things

Jo-Erlend Schinstad joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 04:55:09 UTC 2012

Den 17. mars 2012 07:48, skrev Pedro Bessa:

[snip]

> 3. if an update is impopular, do not keep me stuck with a bad feature
> for 6 months
> Ubuntu kept me stuck with the global menu for 1 year.
> An update from the Update Manager should have removed the global menu.

[snip]

In the future, I recommend you use AskUbuntu.com and ask questions.
Don't wait years, just ask. It is, and always has been, very easy to
disable the global menu. Just set UBUNTU_MENUPROXY=0. However, you
should know that this technology also enables things like the HUD, which
then won't be available to you.

In 12.10, we should have the option to enable space efficient menus
connected to the window.

--
Jo-Erlend Schinstad