[Desktop12.04-Topic] GNOME Version for the LTS

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 13 23:01:24 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 12:45:12AM EST, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> That would put us in a position where we can upload at least glib and
> gtk, then we need to figure what we do with GNOME 3.2 against 3.4. If we
> have an updated stack I would lean toward "stay on 3.2 by default", then
> we can maybe update selected components and use the ppa for other things

THis is good news. Newer GTK to me always means at least some accessibility fixes, and given my previous topic about accessibility for Precise, accessibility fixes from infrastructure package updates == win for me.

I also plan to update at-spi2 to whatever is latest in GNOME, as fixes in this piece of infrastructure don't impact anything outside of accessibility consumers, i.e Orca, accerciser, etc.

Luke