[Desktop12.04-Topic] Desktop sound theme,effects?

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 10 09:08:32 UTC 2011

Gunnar Hjalmarsson [2011-10-08 19:32 +0200]:
> >From a user experience perspective I think this is rather important. If
> at all possible, I would suggest that Jeremy's
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-desktop/libcanberra/ubuntu/revision/132
> is uploaded in 11.10.

IMHO "startup applications" is just about the last place I'd look for
sound effects. The "audio" capplet in control-center seems close, and
you can already select a warning noise there (although that's disabled
for me right now). The tab says "sound effects", so perhaps we can add
the GUI there?

Though from my POV, no real need to put it back in the first place.

Martin