Application integration with Unity

Didier Roche didrocks at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 6 14:31:06 UTC 2011

Hey desktoppers,

We are seeing more and more people integrating on their laptop Unity and
their preferred applications:
- drag and drop support
- custom quicklists
- crazy integration patches

It's proably time to get the most interesting one into the distro. Some
effort were started to
https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-o-default-apps-unity-integration,
but due to lack of time, not anything was integrated in time. It's time
to review the list and to push those forwards.

If you have any idea on how to integrate better your preferred
application with Unity, do not hesitate to suggest there! What is
possible with current launcher is described in the Unity API page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Unity/LauncherAPI

I think the lenses will need a separate discussion.

Didier