[Desktop12.04-Topic] Video playback?

Jo-Erlend Schinstad joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 11:49:28 UTC 2011

I see no conflict between Totem and Banshee at all. I hadn't even
noticed that Banshee can be used for video at all, until very recently.
All labels everywhere refer to it as a music player.

I like Banshee for music. I've started testing it for videos as well and
it might be nice for that, even though that feels very much like an
afterthought. But I don't see any conflicts in any case. It's rather
nice to be able to quickly open a media file, whether it's music or
video in Totem. Having to load all my media clips in order to listen to
a voice mail seems very unnecessary.

So why can't Totem be considered the quick mediaplayer for one-shot
plays and Banshee as a more organized media library? That's how I'm
currently using them and I like it.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad