[Desktop12.04-Topic] Desktop quality (bugs fixing)

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 5 10:59:49 UTC 2011

Le mardi 04 octobre 2011 à 14:11 -0700, Bryce Harrington a écrit :
> On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 01:45:38PM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:

> Will there be a focus for LTS->LTS upgrade bugs?  (More robust upgrades
> in general would be nice.)

I guess we should yes, we usually try to make sure lts to lts upgrades
work fine no reason to change that ;-)

> > The current list from Pedro and Qa are a nice but they only cover
> > selected set, how do we get visibility on i.e foundation issues, kernel
> > bugs, plymouth issues, etc that impact on what we are doing?
>
> Can you elaborate on what info would be desired, or give some examples
> of how this visibility was impared on oneiric?

Well, for "desktop ui" issue (i.e GNOME,dx,etc) we used
http://status.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ubuntu-desktop/oneiric.html for
example. The xorg team has a similar status tracking, I think.
But where do we track i.e libc, plymouth, upstart bugs which have an
impact on the desktop?

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher