User encountering problems related to private bug report

Chris Wilson afrowildo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 13:37:42 UTC 2011

A user reported a problem on the forum [1] regarding adding a new
repository to their software sources using apt-add-repository, and while
investigating the error message they were receiving, I came across a bug
report [2] that described their problem exactly, but it had been marked as
a duplicate of a private bug report [3]. It's my understanding that bug
reports are only made private if they contain sensitive information
regarding the user's computer or are considered to be a security
vulnerability.

I was wondering if somebody with the appropriate privellages could check
out the private bug and return what informatino they can that could assist
the user and, if possible, make it public if there is no real reason for it
to be private.

Thanks,
Chris

[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11443546#post11443546