Default Music Player in Ubuntu 12.04

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 8 07:30:35 UTC 2011

Hello Chow,

Chow Loong Jin [2011-11-08 15:15 +0800]:
> I'd like to hear more about this, actually.

Me too.

> It would be nice if you backed up your configuration before wiping it

I should have, sorry for this.

> You might like to see
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/banshee/log/?h=gtk3. With only one
> remaining outstanding bug in Gtk# standing in the way of that branch
> being merged into master, I don't see precise not having Banshee
> with full Gtk3 support.

Nice to hear that! I was talking with one of the upstreams a couple of
months ago, and back then there were still quite a lot of problems.

> >  * Our ARM team says that the current versions still work rather
> >    poorly on ARM.
>
> I saw one bug about that, also mentioned in my previous post, which
> is being worked on, but that's about it. What other issues are there?

This needs input from the ARM team, I CC'ed some of them.

> Does Rhythmbox have a migration path back from Banshee, though?

No, it doesn't, you'd need to reimport your library if you want to
switch (you aren't forced to, as the upgrade wouldn't remove Banshee).

Thanks for the heads-up, it's great to see that many of these concerns
are being addressed already.

Martin