Proposed desktop-extra set

Jeremy Bicha jbicha at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 7 22:25:22 UTC 2011

On 7 November 2011 11:07, Sebastien Bacher <seb128 at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Le 24/10/2011 10:10, Iain Lane a écrit :
>>
>> Can we please have a description that we can use
>
> Hey Iain,
>
> The description would be pretty similar to the desktop set but for the
> components which are not in the default installation (or those who are in
> universe), it's basically what would we needed on top of what ubuntu-desktop
> is maintaining to maintain a rather vanilla GNOME

The proposed description from today's meeting was "Every package that
is NOT in main, but needed for a vanilla GNOME. Vanilla GNOME is
defined by upstream in gnome-suites-core, gnome-suites-core-deps, and
gnome-apps http://git.gnome.org/browse/jhbuild/tree/modulesets"

Below is a list of what would be included. I kept vinagre and the mono
pieces since those are expected to drop from main soon.

Jeremy

CORE

epiphany-browser
gdm