[Desktop12.04-Topic] Improve the Ubuntu upgrade experience

Steve Magoun steve.magoun at canonical.com
Tue Nov 1 20:29:23 UTC 2011

Canonical's Commerical Engineering team is discussing a similar topic,
specifically focused on updating factory preloads of Ubuntu to the next
version of Ubuntu:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-p-from-preload-to-next

We'll go over some of the challenges of upgrading preloaded systems and
discuss solutions to those problems. I encourage people interested in
upgrades to attend both sessions - many of the problems to be solved are the
same or very similar.

Steve