PiTiVi in Ubuntu 11.10 and beyond

Jeff Fortin nekohayo at gmail.com
Sun May 29 17:32:06 UTC 2011

Hi there,

> here is a link to a recording of the session, hope that helps
> http://mirrors.tumbleweed.org.za/uds-o/2011-05-13-14-10-desktop-o-default-apps.ogg

Thanks, I listened to the part where pitivi is discussed (from 7 minutes
to 13 minutes), and there isn't that much more than what the session
notes and news sites told me.

> The pitivi team just got a new version out with quite some nice
> changes
> in it and said they would do the glade to gtkbuilder conversion this
> cycle, that seems enough material to revisit the decision later if the
> new version is proving to be solid and the gtkbuilder switch get done
> so
> what people think of keeping pitivi on by default until before beta
> and
> discuss what we do in a desktop team meeting then?

Thanks for your consideration :)

In addition to the various SoC projects going on, we have been
discussing doing a pitivi hackfest at the Desktop Summit in August.
Hopefully by the end of the summer we will have a release that will be
so awesome that user reception should be quite different.