change mount point of the stick usb drive or USB thumb

Ricardo Barbosa spiderslack at yahoo.com.br
Thu Mar 10 23:42:17 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm studying udev and i have a question regarding the mounting of removable devices. When I plug a USB thumb drive into my ubuntu it automatically mounts the flash drive in /media such as /media/KINGSTON. But I wish this would automatically mount in another path, i can change this behavior? I already checked with the command "udevadm indo -q all -n sdb" he did not show anything that points to /media. I also made no fstab entry for the flash drive and it's still mounting in /media. Researched and setup automount supermount also without success. Could anyone help me in that doubt. Thanks in advance

I am using Ubuntu Desktop 10.04

Regards