Call for Natty Feedback!
erik.b.andersen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 19:55:38 UTC 2011
Sorry it took me a while to get my thoughts on Unity together. Hopefully
it's not to late to turn them in.
- Being able to search applications is great. However, we also need
categories like the old menus had.
- By default, 'installed' is collapsed
- Extra space could be categories
- What is shown is in alphabetical order. It should probably show most
used first, with sensible defaults for a new install.
- Partitions fill dock too fast.
- Also, when you open a partition, the opened window doesn't go with
the icon that opened it. Instead it goes with nautilus!
- It's OK for settings to show up in applications search, but we really
need a settings applet or something.
- Show dock corner is hard to hit and hard to discover. The whole side of
the screen is too easy to hit, so I'm not sure what should be done.
- We really need a way to theme Unity.
- Black's a good choice, but it's hard to pick something that goes
- It should be possible to make a theme without programming.
- Firefox (other apps too) should expose tabs to Unity.
- There should be an easy way to open another 'copy' of a running
- Maybe a modifier key would work, but it would be hard to discover.
- We should make it easier to find than Win 7 (which uses dragging)
- How should iconless programs be handled?
- Main menu seems a little useless. It's too detailed on some application
categories, and not detailed enough on others.
- Maybe it should have a row of frequently used applications. And then
rows for Applications (which would have icons for each subcategory, like
Accessories, Graphics, Internet, etc), Places, and Settings.
It seems like it takes a long time to pick one application out of 100, but
picking 1 category out of 10 and then picking one application out of 10
isn't that bad.
Erik B. Andersen
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ubuntu-desktop