Dropping tomboy from the CD at least for part of the oneiric cycle

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 14 19:00:31 UTC 2011

Hi,

During the desktop team meeting today we discussed deprecated libs and
CD space, tomboy is keeping libgnome, libgnomeui, libbonobo,
libbonoboui, libgnomecanvas on the CD in oneiric and will until upstream
switches to gsettings which seems to have no mono bindings yet.

Since that work has been stalling for a while, we need CD space and we
want to get ride of the deprecated library we decided during the meeting
to drop tomboy from the CD at least until it's ported to gsettings.
Tomboy will still be easily installable and will not get away for users
upgrading, that will just concern new installation during the oneiric
unstable cycle.

There will probably be other discussions about tradeoffs we can make in
the default installation in the next weeks as well since we are short on
CD space still and some of changes planned for this cycle didn't land
yet.