Some problems in Laptop Testing

Mark Nighswonger marknigh at hughes.net
Thu Jan 27 21:44:49 UTC 2011

Hi,
I just joined the desktop team. It was recommended that I pass along some
test hiccups that will probably eventually need to be updated.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ACER%20ASPIRE%20ONE%20AO532h
There are a few references to the example file in the home folder.
 Launch applications from data file icons *Case ID: * exc-001

The example file can be found on the desktop but it only contains two .ogg
movie files and an UbuntuOne folder.
There is a question to detect scanner using xsane.
Test Scanning *Case ID: * hsu-002

xsane is not installed. Simple scan is the program included in Meerkat and
Natty ALPHA 1.
Test Automatic Connectivity *Case ID: * hwn-001
6.Select an open (no "shield" symbol next to it) network and left-click it.
Verify that the network connection succeeds and that a series of bars
replaces the *NetworkManager <http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/NetworkManager>
* icon.   (This must be an older version)
**
The touchpad test should be updated as it does not test for gestures.
Test Touchpad *Case ID: * hmo-001

I could help update the pages, if you want.  I have some limited html
experience. But I'm not a programmer.

Mark Nighswonger