OpenShot instead of PiTiVi

Jonathan Thomas jonathan.oomph at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 07:18:26 UTC 2011

I know my opinions are biased towards OpenShot, but I suppose we all have
our biases... =)  One of the reasons OpenShot has been so well received by
people is our simple interface and stable foundation.  Just to play devil's
advocate, PiTiVi could also be described as "crashy".  And so could many
other applications that deal with decoding and encoding video.  To actually
site some quantitative data, rather than just hearsay,
http://www.webupd8.org/2010/03/best-linux-video-editor.html.  A review
posted just the other day:
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/02/openshot-1-3-0-released-cements-place-as-the-best-video-editor-for-linux/
.

I also really like Timo's idea about a post-install welcome screen.  Even if
OpenShot never gets included as the default video editor, it would be super
helpful to many users to know that they have another great video editor
choice, just 1 click away. =)

Thanks!
-Jonathan