AW: Login and lock screen dialog should be the same

Thomas Prost t at prosts.info
Sat Dec 10 00:04:20 UTC 2011

Just for my grasp:
pre lightdm is 11.04 and earlier ?
lightdm is since 11.10 ?
  -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
  Von: Steffen Holanger [mailto:holanger.steffen at gmail.com]
  Gesendet: Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2011 22:31
  An: t at prosts.info
  Betreff: Re: Login and lock screen dialog should be the same

  I see your point but at the same time I disagree. As I pointed out I think
it is important to give Ubuntu a feel of being whole. If I am not mistaken
the old login (pre lightdm) used to be the same as lock screen. I think this
is important because Ubuntu would feel more professional and not like some
OS just put together by random pieces.

  Making it possible to see if others are loged on or not in the lightDM
login screen should not be a huge task/problem eighter. this could be done
by eg. high lighting the user(s) that might be loged in already.

  An alternative might be to make it possible for users to choose between
same login and lock screens or make them different.