Ubuntu usability is significantly decreased with Unity

Jo-Erlend Schinstad joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 12:04:58 UTC 2011

Den 29. des. 2011 04:14, skrev José Celestino:
> well, I'm using Ubuntu 11.10 and found really annoying to use Unity.
> Open several windows (e.g. Netbeans, firefox, nautilus and gitk and try
> to work efficiently with menus of each application, minimize/maximize
> window, etc., Unity is just driving me crazy.
> Now try to do that with focus follows mouse :)
That is a very good reason to keep configuration options at a minimum,
at least temporarily. Currently, most configuration tools require a lot
of knowledge about the system. It is not immediately obvious that
enabling focus follows mouse will make it nearly impossible to use the
mouse to access menus. That kind of configuration makes things
unnecessarily complicated. We need to thoroughly understand how each
config option affects other options. There are several examples in
Nautilus, for instance. It's quite possible to configure your system to
become almost unusable.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad