[Oneiric-Topic] Default Browser

Jeremy Bicha jeremy at bicha.net
Sun Apr 10 05:08:48 UTC 2011

On 9 April 2011 15:55, Dylan McCall <dylanmccall at gmail.com> wrote:
> One nice thing with Chromium and Epiphany is they store passwords
> using the native keyring daemon. (Epiphany always has, Chromium
> recently has and it should be enabled by default at this point). That
> is, passwords are properly encrypted at no cost to the user. As we
> move towards enabling third party apps through Software Centre, it is
> worth exploring ways we can improve personal security with features
> such as that. This, of course, demands considerable integration work
> in the default web browser ;)
>
> Dylan

Of course, Firefox also encrypts passwords but additionally those
encrypted passwords can be shared with my Firefox installed on other
operating systems including Android.

I did use Chromium for about two months this year. I've switched back
to Firefox as it better supports having large numbers of tabs and I
believe Firefox's AwesomeBar is far more useful than Chromium's
Omnibar. By far more useful, I mean Firefox will show results from my
browsing history but Chromium assumes I want to search Google instead
and won't even show me some history results unless I visit those sites
a lot more or bookmark them.

Jeremy Bicha