OpenShot instead of PiTiVi

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 8 19:42:14 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Jonathan Thomas
<jonathan.oomph at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any update on whether the Featured Applications list will be dynamic for
> 11.04?

>From chatting with mvo and the USC folks over the week this feature
won't be in 11.04 unfortunately, but we should have something for
11.10. I'll follow up at UDS.

I think when it is dynamically generated we should just drop the
strict requirements of the Featured Apps and just have it generated by
the rating data we collect from users; there's no sense in restricting
a great app if people love it just because it duplicates functionality
of something we ship by default.