[Oneiric-Topic] Reducing number of patches in our packages

Rodrigo Moya rodrigo.moya at canonical.com
Fri Apr 8 15:18:00 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 10:12 -0400, Jorge O. Castro wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 4:36 AM, Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo.moya at canonical.com> wrote:
> >> How would this affect application authors, would they need to go update again?
> >>
> > what do you mean?
>
> Basically do we have to go from app to app adjusting them again or is
> this a change we can do in one place?

well, the proposal I've made is to patch gtk_status_icon_* API in GTK,
so that we don't have to patch any app at all, as they would be already
be using the GTK API. So this means no more indicator patches. So yes,
it would be a change in one place + the removal of all the appindicator
patches in our packages