[Oneiric-Topic] Integrate unity-2d/Qt / install media space

Evan Broder evan at ebroder.net
Thu Apr 7 08:50:07 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 1:40 AM, Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I expect that in practice pretty much everyone uses usb-creator and
> USB sticks with the current ISOs anyway. The 700 MB limit still serves
> as a good boundary because with every 100 MB it grows we'll lose some
> people who are able to download the beast, and it'll also greatly
> reduce the pressure for us to not grow fat so quickly.

One thing that does worry me is that if we increase the image size to
1G, we'll immediately come up with a long list of things to fill it
with. And then we'll be in the same position again.

Maybe it would be better if we expanded the image size slowly - 800M
for O, 900M for P, or something similar - to make sure that we
continue to think long-term when we add to the image.

- Evan