[Oneiric-Topic] Appindicators for xfce4-panel, lxpanel and others?

Jo-Erlend Schinstad joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 08:43:31 UTC 2011

I've grown very fond of the appindicators and the fact that they work
equally well in both gnome-panel and Unity, is something I really
appreciate. Now, it seems the Gnome platform is moving away from the
traditional way of working with Gnome 2, and that's fine, innovation
is good. But I think a lot of people will want to keep working in a
similar way to the way they have, and so I think particularly Xfces
user base will grow rapidly in the times ahead.

Being able to switch and choose different shells at login is a very
good thing. But consistency is too, and I think appindicators are an
important part of that. It would be good for both developers and users
if they were working equally well on Unity, Gnome-panel, Xfce4-panel
and Lxpanel.

Do you think this is an achievable goal for Oneiric?

Kindest regards,

Jo-Erlend Schinstad