Searching in open windows

Ratul rs.love.india at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 14:03:56 GMT 2010

Hi all,
I am not quite sure if this is the way to express my concern.
I have met a lot of people who complains that they have a lot of windows
open at a time and find it difficult to navigate among them.
ALT+TAB is a great way, but you need a linear search (and reading all of
them) there. One suggestion I had was to use some plugin of compiz that
wroks with "show all open windows" and then searching with auto-complete
search box. Compiz is not a solution anyway.
My query is, is there any application (light enough) like gnome-do that does
it properly? If there is not is it advisable that one should try to make
one?
Thanks,

--
Ratul Saha.