Replace Shotwell (was F-Spot) with Solang?

Ricflomag ricflomag at gmail.com
Thu May 20 20:42:00 BST 2010

Le 20/05/2010 20:19, Danny Piccirillo a écrit :
>> - depending on tracker is a blocker, we had tracker activated by default
>> in previous ubuntu version but had to stop doing that due to the impact
>> it's having on system performances and io load. We will likely look at
>> the new tracker and evaluate it but we don't have ressources to spend on
>> it for lucid since it's not on our priority list. We do plan to get it
>> uptodate and working in universe though
>>
> Yes this is a legitimate concern. When was tracker last included in
> the default install and what version was it at?

Tracker was removed before Hardy's release (see bug #132741). If I do
remember correctly, one of its main problems was because of this good
old kernel bug: "Heavy Disk I/O harms desktop responsiveness" (#131094).
So it is probably difficult to fix tracker without fixing this
3-years-old kernel bug first :[

Ric.