Beautiful awesomeness ---stupidity?---

Rick Spencer rick.spencer at canonical.com
Sun Mar 7 18:10:56 GMT 2010

On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 17:14 +0100, Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:

> I'm sorry if I come across as overly critical, but this really upsets
> me. It looks nice, but it's a pain to work with. Please prioritize
> functionality before aesthetics.
Please review the Ubuntu Code of Conduct and remember that it applies to
this list:
http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct

While I look forward to your continued contributions and support of
Ubuntu, note that using the word "stupidity" to describe the
contributions of people who dedicate so much effort and heart and soul
to Ubuntu is not appropriate or acceptable on this list.

In terms of the feedback that you requested for your communication
style, I can say that when I hear someone use a word like "stupidity" in
a public list or other forum, I assume the person fears change, or
worse, is simply a troll. You would have made your point more
effectively without insulting the contributions of others.

Cheers, Rick