Beautiful stupidity?

Gabriel Burt gabriel.burt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 19:04:10 GMT 2010

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 8:14 AM, Jo-Erlend Schinstad
<joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are we really going to move the window buttons (minimize, maximize and
> close) to the left hand side of the window and then rearrange them?

It appears those screenshots were outdated.  Quoting Ars Technica [1]:

"When we posted screenshots from the design documents yesterday, the
placement of the window titlebar buttons in the Metacity theme proved
to be one of the most controversial issues. Many of our readers
expressed that they disliked the button arrangement and positioning
along the left-hand side of the titlebar. The critics will be pleased
to learn that the titlebar buttons are located in their usual place on
the right-hand side in the official theme packages."

Gabriel

[1] http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2010/03/hands-on-a-close-look-at-ubuntus-new-non-brown-theme.ars