Software Center Request

John Baer baerjj at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 18:00:14 GMT 2010

The Ubuntu Artwork team encourages community members to submit artwork for
the current development cycle as evidenced by the Artwork
wiki<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Lucid> and
Flickr Ubuntu Artwork group.

I was not able to find the "community-themes" package which contains
alternate Ubuntu GTK themes from the Lucid Alpha 3 Software Center but was
able to locate it in Synaptic.

I posted this to the Artwork list and now understand the words I used in my
search criteria was the problem. In my opinion this will be a problem for
others.

My request - is there a way to organize the packages residing in the Ubuntu
repositories which are designed to customize/change/enhance the Ubuntu
desktop so they may be easily located within Software Center?

For example, if I type the word "themes" as my search criteria the package
"community-themes" and others would be presented.

Would an appropriately titled 12th department add value?  The titles
"Customizations" or "Artwork" come to mind.

I am willing to assist with this effort.

John