Review of featured applications

Robert Ancell robert.ancell at canonical.com
Mon Mar 1 22:26:52 GMT 2010

On 01/03/10 18:48, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 06:04:13PM +1100, Robert Ancell wrote:
>
>> The criteria from the specification are:
>>
>>     * Is available in main or universe
>>
> Quick question, for applications that make the featured apps list, do
> they need to get promoted to main?
>
> Bryce

I assumed main and universe.  What happens in a default install if
universe is not enabled?  Does the list only show the packages that are
in main?   Do we need a button/hint in the featured section to enable
universe?

We don't want to promote to main because we're not going to maintain the
apps in this list; they're just the "best of the best".