Package latest brasero version

patrick flaherty patf at well.com
Tue Jun 29 19:15:43 BST 2010

Hi,

As a would-be open source contributor (programmer) I've been told, and
have read, that I should start with packaging.  I'm running Kubuntu 10.04.

In the Ubuntu packing instructions documentation they used brasero
(burning CDs, etc) for one example and I find here

http://packages.qa.debian.org/b/brasero.html

that the brasero developers seem to be asking for someone to package the
latest, 2.30.2, version of brasero.

I've downloaded the correct source and, with a number of problems,
succeeded in doing a *debuild*.  I've encountered more problems when
trying to do *sudo pbuilder build brasero_2.30.2-1ubuntu1.dsc* some of
which I've solved but I'm stuck on the latest one.

Is this where I ask questions on detailed packaging errors?

thanx - pat