Status of Speech Dispatcher package

Boris Dusek dusek at brailcom.org
Thu Jul 15 09:58:49 BST 2010

On Jul 14, 2010, at 2:25 PM, Luke Yelavich wrote:

> There are a few differences in packaging for Ubuntu that need to be carried, so the update procedure for this package now is what is known as a merge. This shouldn't take me too long to do, so I'm willing to help whereever I can to get this updated.

Thanks for your offer of help too. I noticed that you have just made the new
package for Speech Dispatcher [1], and upgraded to it in my install of
Maverick. Great.

I also will look into harmonizing the Debian and Ubuntu packages (e.g.
the Ubuntu one uses CDBS, which from what I have seen is great, the Debian
package does not use it), so that it's easier to make merges in the future.
Ideally the 2 packages would not differ at all (and if at anything, then at
the patch set in debian/patches).

Best regards,
Boris

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/speech-dispatcher/+bug/601114