Desktop Team 20100105 meeting minutes

Rick Spencer rick.spencer at
Tue Jan 5 23:31:06 GMT 2010

Here are the minutes from the desktop team meeting. You can also find
them, the activity reports, and the irc log here:

= Meeting Minutes =
== Present ==
=== Main Meeting ===
 * Rick Spencer (rickspencer3) - chair
 * Alberto Milone (tseliot)
 * Arne Goetje (ArneGoetje)
 * Bryce Harrington (bryce)
 * Chris Cheney (ccheney)
 * Ken VanDine (kenvandine)
 * Martin Pitt (pitti)
 * Sebastien Bacher (seb128)

=== Eastern Edition ===
 * Luke Yelavich (TheMuso)

== Apologies ==
 * Till Kamppeter (tkamppeter) - vacation
 * Jonathan Riddell (Riddell) - vacation
 * Robert Ancell (robert_ancell)

== Agenda ==
 * Outstanding actions from last meeting
 * Partner Update
 * Kubuntu Update
 * Mozilla Update
 * Release Bugs/Release Status
 * Review activity reports
 * Any other business

== Actions from this meeting ==
 * RESULT: ACTION: rickspencer3 to follow up on conference attendance
with randa and team
 * ACTION: pitti to create a proposed a3 work item list.

== Outstanding actions from last meeting ==
 * ACTION: Martin to create conference attendance wiki page and ask team
for adding themselves to it by mail
  * RESULT: ACTION: rickspencer3 to follow up on this with randa and

== Partner Update ==
 * [[DesktopExperienceTeam/LucidWeeklyReleases|Weekly releases]]
 * This Thursday's release will be the last release of Dx bits that will
be in Alpha 2
 * OLS is finalizing their planning while also working, especially on
server side components

== Mozilla Update ==
ccheney is backporting epiphany-browser along with its dependencies:
libsoup2.4, webkit, etc... Because they use newer glib2.0 than what is
in hardy he plans to copy the needed functions over so we won't need a
full backport of glib as well.

== Release Status ==
 * Desktop team is considerably above the trend line, 27 active items,
but there should be about 13. Work items will be completed or postponed
until we are under the trend line by eow.
 * Discussed planning for a3 iteration. rickspencer3 proposes that the
desktop team pursue fewer total work items than were completed in a2 in
order to leave time for integration and bug fixing. rickspencer3 further
proposes that the desktop team bring few if any work items into the
final iteration. In this way, making the a3 milestone the last
development milestone for the desktop team, again to focus on bug fixing
and integration.
 * ACTION: pitti to create a proposed a3 work item list.

=== Bugs ===
Bug counts seem normal, but the team is still striving for more
efficient bug management. rickspencer3 generated a report of all bugs
assigned to a package that someone on the canonical-desktop-team is
subscribed to. This list is almost 15,000 bugs. rickspencer3 to analyze
for potential hot spots.
 * ACTION: rickspencer3 to attach bug list to wiki.

==== New Bugs ====
[[/NewBugs|46 New bugs are assigned]]

=== High/Critical Bugs ===
[[/HighBugs|62 Critical or High bugs are assigned]]

More information about the ubuntu-desktop mailing list