Default bookmarks for Firefox and Chromium

Chris Coulson chrisccoulson at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 4 16:31:45 BST 2010

Hi,

A few weeks ago, philinux from ubuntuforums approached me with a
suggestion that we should think about updating the default bookmarks in
Firefox, and I suggested opening a bug report with some ideas for new
defaults on. With hindsight in mind, a bug report probably isn't the
best venue for discussing these things, and there has only been a
handful of suggestions so far.

Currently, we ship 4 extra bookmarks to the vanilla Firefox profile (I'm
not sure whether we add any bookmarks to the default Chromium profile
too, but we probably should do if we don't already). These are:

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/ (although the link for this one is currently
broken, but fixed in bzr)
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+addquestion
http://www.debian.org/

Do people think these are a good set of defaults, and if not - do they
have any ideas for other bookmarks they think should be there by default
(or think that any shouldn't be there)? I'm open to suggestions,
although I'm reasonably happy with what we have currently.

Regards
Chris