Should gnome-panels enable_animations key be true by default?

Jo-Erlend Schinstad joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 23:49:38 BST 2010

Why are we animating everything? Does it make Ubuntu look cool and
professional when the panels slide into the screen at login? I don't
think so. I think it looks cheap, especially since it doesn't always
work as intended. It also makes our desktop less useful for
terminalserver environments, which I think is a very important stage
for Ubuntu to shine. My question is written in the subject. My
personal opinion is that no,
/apps/panel/toplevels/panelname/enable_animations should be false by
default.

What do you think?

Jo-Erlend Schinstad