Grouping Windows in the Taskbar

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 25 03:40:38 BST 2009

Hi All,

I don't know if this has been raised, but one lesser-known feature I
always switch on is 'Always Group Windows' in the taskbar preferences.
This will group related windows under the same entry.

As an example use case, when I have Thunderbird open and I have a call
with my team, I open new Compose Mail windows to remind me to send
emails. On a default install this clutter the taskbar but when I enable
this feature, I just click the single Thunderbird entry and I have a
list of Thunderbird windows I can click on.

I know it is late in the cycle, but is this something that would be a
simple but useful default configuration option?

     Jono

--
Jono Bacon
Ubuntu Community Manager