Need some assistance...

Kevin Stagg kstagg at gmail.com
Wed May 20 04:12:33 BST 2009

I have an old HP Pavillion ze5200 (512MB RAM - Pentium 4) with Windows XP
wasting space in my office. I set up a virtual server on my home machine for
the latest Ubuntu OS and am loving it. So I'm thinking I want to reformat
the HP, wiping it clean, and then install Ubuntu as the new OS on said
laptop.

Anybody know of any good tutorials on how I can accomplish this? Is it
pretty straightforward? Do I just copy the latest Ubuntu .iso onto a CDROM
and let it run on the HP and it will walk me through the process, giving me
a clean reformatted pc as well?

I apologize in advance if this isn't the right forum for this type of
question.

Many thanks,
Kevin