Feature add-ons for gnome-volume-control-applet

Prudhvi Tella prudhvitella at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 17:51:52 BST 2009

Hello,

have been working on making audio device switching easy for the user in
Ubuntu. The features are mainly meant to enhance user's experience w/
Bluetooth headsets/headphones. Here is the list of features:

1. Notification "bubble" that pops up whenever a device is connected or disconnected.

2. A dialog that pops up whenever a new device is connected and allows user to select input/output device from a list.

3. The option to set a specific input/output as a default, so that particular device is used always whenever present.

The
idea is to make it really easy to switch between internal audio and
Bluetooth headsets/headphones by automating the switching process. If
the user selects his/her Bluetooth headphone as a preferred audio
device then whenever that device is present, the application will switch
audio device automatically without requiring user input.

Please let me know your thoughts about this . Thank you for your time. Sorry if this message appears twice, I could not tell if the last message was posted.

Screen shots are at this link:
http://picasaweb.google.com/prudhvitella/GvcEasyDeviceSwitching?feat=directlink#