Gthumb as default image viewer?

Vincenzo Ciancia ciancia at di.unipi.it
Tue Jul 14 17:52:32 BST 2009

Il 13/07/2009 17:02, Matthew Paul Thomas ha scritto:

> I helped the F-Spot developers with some design issues at Guadec last
> week. But the general issue of one interface being used for file
> management including photos, a second inconsistent interface being used
> for viewing and editing individual photos, and a third inconsistent
> interface being used for viewing and editing collections of photos, is a
> usability disaster beyond the scope of F-Spot.

I am extremely happy to read this acknowledgment of the problem :) As
far from a solution it may be. The same is true for all the other
collection managers that are installed by default, that is, for banshee.
A unique solution (if there is any) might be designed with both use
cases in mind.

The situation is made even worse by the fact that movies should belong
both to f-spot because vacation pictures include movies - thus these
short movies should appear e.g. in the f-spot slideshow - but movies
should also belong to banshee, because you want to watch and rate all
those anime series that you legally bought and downloaded from some
online store.

Vincenzo