Gthumb as default image viewer?

Rick Spencer rick.spencer at canonical.com
Fri Jul 3 10:12:27 BST 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 12:04 -0400, Andrew SB wrote:
> I think you touch on the real issue here. It's not so much a problem
> with viewing photos, as we all have noted there are already two
> options, EOG when you are in a folder and F-Spot for collections. The
> real problem is that those programs aren't image editors and the GIMP
> is a tool for advanced users. GThumb doesn't solve this problem
> either.
We have been discussing this on the desktop team as well. I would love
to see eog support cropping and red-eye removal (it already rotates). I
think that this, along with f-spot, would cover the key user scenarios.

I think that f-spot is a good program, and a lot of users do manage
large photo libraries, and it is appropriately tuned for those users in
those scenarios.

Cheers, Rick