Gthumb as default image viewer?

Vincenzo Ciancia ciancia at di.unipi.it
Thu Jul 2 11:24:01 BST 2009

On gio, 2009-07-02 at 12:16 +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:

> Run f-spot --view example.jpg? It's also in the nautilus context menu
> actions for images
>
> Sebastien Bacher

I stand corrected, however it still does not mimic eog's behaviour, it
would need "forward" and "backward" actions to view an entire folder of
pictures, a slideshow mode etc, so that when I get a usb pen full of
pictures I can "just show them to my friends" with a click. That's
covered by eog, but currently not by f-spot.

Even though perhaps the default behaviour of eog is bad usability
because one would not expect to open a file and get access to other
files. Many alternative methods come to mind but let's talk about that
if somebody is interested, I don't want to pollute the mailing list.

Vincenzo