Gthumb as default image viewer?

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 2 11:21:08 BST 2009

On mer., 2009-07-01 at 18:00 +0300, Otto Kekäläinen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been wondering why isn't Gthumb the default image viewer? Eye of
> Gnome is unable to do the most common manipulations on a image, like
> cropping and resizing.

Hi,

You wrote "default image viewer" and then list edition options, eog is
used right now because of several reasons:
- it's part of GNOME (regular tarballs, schedule aligned on ubuntu, good
translations)
- it has a simple interface which is want you want for a viewer, gthumb
has lot of extra options which can be useful but complicate the
interface
- edition can be done using an image editor, ie f-spot or gimp by
example

--
Sebastien Bacher