Gthumb as default image viewer?

Bryan Quigley gquigs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 08:54:41 BST 2009

I believe it was removed as part of this:
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/HardyReducingDuplication

<https://wiki.kubuntu.org/HardyReducingDuplication>However the wiki page was
never updated and am unsure if there was any good public discussion (I was
following it at the time).

Ah:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2008-January/003055.html

<https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2008-January/003055.html>This
is unfortunately the "answer":
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2008-January/003068.html

My original feature comparison can be found here (go down to feature
comparison):
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/No-Mono-by-Default?action=recall&rev=44

<https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2008-January/003068.html>I
don't believe my feature comparison was looked at, at all, at the time.
 Perhaps because I was asking to remove Mono it forced others into an
automatic defense of it (and all things mono) on some sort of principle and
they didn't treat the rest of my argument rationally?

Hope I "answered" your question.  I wish you better luck!
-Bryan