Contributing usability expertise to ubuntu project

Jon Bolt jon at idnzor.net
Mon Jan 19 21:11:49 GMT 2009

Hi

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction in
terms of contact information or resources related to usability and the
Ubuntu desktop.

I want to start contributing my user experience expertise to the Ubuntu
community. Currently I work for a user experience consultancy as a
usability analyst, although my background is in software development.

Although I will have to okay it with my employer, I would like to start
working with different projects under the Ubuntu or Gnome umbrella. I
have experience in using a wide variety of usability techniques, both in
academic and commercial environments.

So if anyone would like to point me in the way of contacts that would be
great. Additionally, if any project developers would like me to
collaborate with them, please let me know.

Kind Regards

Jon Bolt