Girl gets Ubuntu on a Dell by mistake, absolutely hates it...

Tony Yarusso tonyyarusso at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 18:32:49 GMT 2009

Honestly, I don't think this is Ubuntu's fault, nor something that can
possibly be addressed.  It is absolutely true that we need to make the
experience as comfortable and intuitive as possible for people looking
to switch, or who just don't care what OS they have, but it's fairly
absurd to expect someone who _wanted_ Windows to be okay with Ubuntu.
This is especially true considering that they _paid_ extra for
Windows, so if that isn't delivered, there is a problem, but it's a
problem with Dell, not Ubuntu.

I'm also inclined to think this is a user that can't be catered to
properly by any operating system, and some of the other points of the
article are either misrepresented there, or incorrect information was
given in the first place.

--
Tony Yarusso
http://tonyyarusso.com/